Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blogging

I mentioned early in this blog that my purpose in starting was as an intellectual exercise. Based on a couple of months of posting and tweaking plus my own sense that this is starting to come together - I'll give my self a solid C on an admittedly low set of expectations.

I've taken the time to understand the basics of the technology. I've improved and tweaked my initial layout. I've looked at how the technology and the application are being used and I've looked at the pro's blogs.

I've continued to read as much as I can on both Leadership and Technology (as it applies to I.T.) and I've had fun. Each post gets a bit easier - I find interesting subjects in many areas. So while the overall blog is not quite as cohesive as I would like it is gradually coming together.

Comments help and not just those at the end of a post. Suggestions such as Monty's to "watch the grammar and spelling" were very timely. Note: correct grammar's still a problem when I'm in a hurry but I did find the Blogger spell checker. I've also read other blogs and tried to build on the good ideas of others.

I believe that consultants, job seekers or those trying to get ahead should use this new medium because blogging, like any form of writing, forces the writer to learn - it add a new dimension to any career.

No comments: